Monday, May 16, 2011

Finger Print Project Completed!

Okay, I saw this project on Pinterest and immediately wanted to do it.




I went to the original website, and followed the instructions. It wasn't as easy as you'd think to get perfect finger prints with which to make the rest of your project. My boyfriend's turned out fabulous, and I was so excited about the project, thinking that everything would be so easy. Then I got to mine. Now, I have admittedly rough and artsy hands. I work with them, roughly, and it shows. My boyfriend is a school teacher, and has the nicest, softest hands, and his print turned out amazingly perfect! When I turned the raster image into a vector file, it couldn't have gone better. 


Then I got to mine. Every image I did became a blob when I tried to turn it into a vector file. It was ridiculous how many times I had to ink up my finger tips... black everywhere... and none of the images were pristine! Ugh! SO in the end, Chris (of ManMadeDIY blog) couldn't even help me. I got my sister on board. She was packing and prepping for her flight to NYC, but she still helped me to vectorize my crappy image and color it for me, which also isn't easy! And here is the result of the collaborative effort of the Durfey girls:




We went to a Good Will store to find the frame, which was already matted, and I ripped out the terrible picture that was inside, and put our masterpiece in it. I think it looks rather nice, don't you? I can't tell you how many hours I spent on this. K's print looks like an awesome woodcut print. Mine looks like I pulled it from the FBI database. But together, they look pretty awesome! So thank you, Sharlene! Thanks, Chris! Awesome project, but not for the weak or faint of heart. And it helps to know someone who understands how to use Adobe Illustrator!! 

3 comments:

-E- said...

ahh...that's sweet. it's right on the border between sweet and creepy, which i love.

shari said...

I ALSO love sweet and creepy! Maybe that's what attracted me to this project.... I just didn't realize it!

Brandi Hussey said...

Okay, how cool is that!! (I think it's more cool/sweet than creepy.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...