Thursday, April 8, 2010

And the beat goes on...


I have finished another three leather journals... and hope to get a few more out this week. The impetus is there... My sister and I went to a local leather wholesaler that also sells to the public. I got a few scraps of leather that were inspiring to me: some were so soft to the touch, others had a gorgeous finish, some were even metallic-dyed, and others had that vintage look to them that makes you get a little bit excited just to see what you can do with it!

We also went to a millinery store in downtown LA that has been around for years. I found a handful of vintage buttons of different kinds, which inspired me to do a button-closure on one of the journals. That's a new thing for me! I like the addition of metal on the cover of one of my journals. It's not something I'll do a lot of, probably, as the buttons cost more than the leather! But maybe I'll come across some cool things at a yard sale, or when I'm in Europe, that I can use now and again to dress things up. It's definitely fun to step outside of my comfort zone, artistically speaking, just to see what happens!

I am very much enjoying what I'm doing right now, which is the important thing! It's also a wonderful thing to be able to learn Italian and brush up on my French while I work! Je vais en France bientot!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...