Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day!

Punxsutawney Phil, the illustrious groundhog, did NOT see his shadow, which means we're supposed to have an early spring! According to records, Phil is right 93% of the time. So here's hoping!

We've survived the arctic storm that blew through, although I guess we have a bit more weather coming this week still. The results of last night's freezing rain produced some lovely looking decorations!









I don't think I'll ever get used to how pretty the winters here in Pennsylvania can be. I'm not used to it at all, having lived in California for all of my adult life. (And most of my childhood, as well.) We had to drive over two hours to see some snow up in the mountains. And if it were precipitating freezing rain, the chances are good that you wouldn't be allowed to drive through.

Although I am loving the winter, I am still very excited for the first signs of spring to arrive! I planted some bulbs in the 2' x 3' plot of ground outside the back porch, and can barely wait to see them pop through the winter soil.... ahh, Spring! How I love thee! Is it crazy to look forward to a true spring cleaning? Opening the windows, airing out the interior, getting some fresh air and making a clean start to the season of growth and renewal. Very exciting!

I hope you are all keeping spring in your mind, and not letting the winter blues get to you!

xoxo

3 comments:

Terriaw said...

I wish those groundhog day predictions had some truth to them. We got about 17 inches and blizzard winds that left big drifts. Only took 2 hours to clean out our driveway. It looks so much prettier from inside the house, especially when the sun came out. I always love your icicle photos. Stay warm and think spring!

Liz said...

Beautiful pictures. I miss winter - sometimes!

shari said...

Ha ha! Yes, you used to live out here on the east coast, didn't you, Liz? I don't know... I think SF is cold ENOUGH! I feel about the same chilliness here that I did in the city, but here it's just a LOT slippery!

Terri, you have wayyyy more snow than we have! I'm grateful it only took me about 45 minutes to dig out my car last week. This week, I'm not sure, as it's all encased in ice! Hmmm....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...