Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Book Review: Anansi Boys

I just finished a really good book today. It's the first time I've been really engrossed in a tale for a long time. It's called Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman.
Anansi Boys


I started it because I needed a bit of light reading. Lately I've had very intense, dark stories to read. I like them, but I needed a little bit of whimsy. I needed a lift. I picked this book up and decided to buy it, and I can tell you that it wasn't easy to put down. (Except when I realized that I was coming to the end, and I didn't want it to end.)


Essentially, it's a story about The Story. How stories shape the lives of humanity. How we create stories to explain things that happen to us out there in the world. It talks about the importance of stories. And it inspired me to get back to work, writing my story


I hope that you'll read it, maybe on that next flight somewhere, or curled up in your bed at night. It's my opinion that you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...