Friday, June 10, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge: Day 9 & 10

Yesterday I was out and about most of the day, and didn't get a chance to post the day's photography challenge. It was "Someone you love." 


The sweetest guy I know! I have so many people that I love, but they're all family, and the friends I have are all pretty far away to be able to take any photos of them. Come to think of it, my family is all far away, too. So it was an easy choice to make, though I would've taken his photo, anyway. 


Challenge subject for day 10 is a "childhood memory"... I'm not sure what was intended for this one. I have old photos of childhood memories... but if I were to take a photo of something that reminded me of a childhood memory, then it's this...


  
When I was young, I used to be fascinated with hydrangeas. I especially loved the ones that would grow a huge ball of flowers, about the size of my head. I would pat them on their "heads" and have conversations with them, making them into my playmates. I moved around a lot in my first few years of life because my dad was in the air force. Our family moved to a few different countries, and a few different states in the US. I made friends in unlikely places. :-) I loved hydrangeas because they were always friendly, and had a clean, if not flowery, smell to them. When I see hydrangeas now, I think, "Hello, Friend!" and I pat them on their heads. It's nice to have friends wherever you go....


By the way, we had a CRAZY storm last night! The winds blew our back screen door open, beyond where it's supposed to go, past the metal awning above the back porch, and threw me outside, where I almost blew into the neighbor's yard!!!! Keith yanked me back in, and had to struggle with pulling the door closed, because it was on the other side of the awning's overhang... what a mess! The door is busted now, and I broke a fingernail! Damn!
My sister was scared that I'd be blown into Oz, and that the wicked witches of the east would get me, hahahahaha... she doesn't know, I AM a wicked witch of the east! Hee hee hee hee heeeeee!!!

5 comments:

-E- said...

ahhh what a nice story about the hydrangeas!

Terriaw said...

Cool photos! Always fun to learn the back story about your inspiration.

We had that crazy storm on Wednesday night! No power for over 3 hours. Glad to hear you survived!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Lovely post, Shari!
I adore hydrangeas too, especially the humongous ones.
Enjoy your weekend, lovebirds!!

xo*

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I commented on this yesterday and it hasn't showed up... it's too strange because at first I thought you'd had a major blog overhaul or switched blogging hosts until I realised that blogger was giving me a mobile version! It gives me mobile version on yours and a couple others, but regular on mine and others... nothing like a bit of inconsistency to throw you off track lol.

ANYWAY.... cool photos Shari! My gran had huge hydrangea bushes and the flower heads are fascinating aren't they - especially when they start dying back and take on that papery quality.

shari said...

Okay, Shell... I'll look into the mobile thing. I added that new feature, but it sounds like it's glitchy.

I'm glad you all liked my hydrangea memory. I had an interesting early childhood, that's for sure! Maybe why I love plants and animals. Although, I always made one new "best friend" at nearly all the bases we lived on. It was just always the kid who didn't think my talking to plants was all that weird... ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...