Wednesday, June 15, 2011

California Goes to Europe 2010

Good morning! I hope everyone is having a fabulous day so far! I've been busy putting together a video, and I feel like it's done. I could probably sit and tweak it all day, but I'm going to go ahead and publish it now.


I mentioned before to you about how I finally got to go to Paris and Italy last year. I had wanted to go to Paris since I was a child of about four. My parents got me a Dr. Seuss's French/English picture dictionary. I was immediately entranced! I wanted to go and speak French and see the Eiffel Tower. I wanted to go to Italy since seeing photos of various places in the travel section of my mom's fashion magazines!


Well, our friend, Tracy, planned her wedding to her fiance  Brian in Stresa, Italy. It's a town on Lake Maggiore. A beautiful resort area... really stunning. And it gave us a reason to turn the whole trip into something monumental! I hope you enjoy this five and a half minute tour of my trip.... 



California Goes to Europe from Shari Durfey on Vimeo.

5 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awesome video. I hope one day I can see all that beauty personally. I have always dreamed of visiting Paris

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I always enjoy your videos, lovely!
I want to be there...

shari said...

Thank you, ladies! You know, I just decided to make the effort... looked into air fares, shared rooms with people, and didn't spend a lot there. If you really want to make it happen, you will! (I had done a crazy vision board with images of Paris and Italy, and I honestly believe that it helped.)

Terriaw said...

Paris and Italy are on my list of places to see someday! Paris is actually #1, then London, then Italy. Your beautiful pictures always excite me and inspire me! Thanks for sharing your travel tips and travel stories with us.

life is happy most of the time. said...

i meant to send you an email! i loved the video so much! it brought back so many amazing memories and made me long for more adventures with you and the girls (and joe too) so much fun finding you guys in the grave yard!!! love you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...