Friday, June 24, 2011

My Bag is Packed...

... and Jimmy Boo is packed up, too. Not really, but I wish I could take him with us. He fits quite nicely in my suitcase, see? He doesn't mind the cozy fit, either. I think he just wants to escape Beckham's clutches. Lately, Beckham has been biting Jimmy Boo more. I'm not sure why, and Jimmy Boo is just too sweet to do anything about it, really. (Sometimes he retaliates, and sometimes he even starts the kerfuffle, but mainly he's a hapless recipient of feline terrorizing.)


I've got the suitcase almost ready. I only need to pop my beauty products in there, and I'm ready to go! I'm very excited about this trip to Cancun, as I've never been there! 


I want to check out Xel-Ha, a marine park that looks amazing, which my friend Tim told me about. I also want to see El Rey, some very ancient ruins that are close by. Apparently, at El Rey, there are iguanas who live there and will approach you if you bring some fruit for them... I really want to see an iguana up close!


Mostly, I just want to relax on one of the beautiful Cancun beaches... they look so beautiful, and the water is so blue. It reminds me more of the Caribbean than Nuevo Vallarta, which is on the Pacific side and which has that steely blue color that I'm used to. It will be fun to see what sea life is around us, and maybe we'll get lucky and spot some dolphins, sea turtles, or find some bioluminescent phytoplankton! (I saw some in Nuevo Vallarta, dotting the surf at night, and it was quite magical!)


I've got some posts lined up for the first few days that I'm gone, but I'm hoping to be able to send a couple blogs from abroad. I know, I should really unplug, and I just might. If you don't hear from me from Mexico, don't worry. I'll just be 'sipping margaritas by the sea, mamacita,' and taking a dip in that warm blue elixir of the Gulf of Mexico...


K and I, last year in NV, Mexico
Hasta luego, my amigos! xox

4 comments:

Terriaw said...

ROFL! That is exactly what my cat Callie does when I'm packing for a trip, she either lays on my pile of clothes or sits in the suitcase in protest. So funny!

Enjoy your trip! We went to that area for our honeymoon, and loved it. Great beaches, great food, great drinks, great adventures!

shari said...

Thanks, Terri! We'll definitely enjoy our trip... in 24 hours, we'll be there!

StarletStarlet said...

The cat is soooooo adorable!

I was fighting with them all night long, because they keep sleeping on top of my due-asap-sewing projects!! lol.

They just know where to position themselves in any kind of situation and be cute.

But but but most importantly, WOWHHOOOOO . Hope you have tons and tons and tons of fun!!!!

-E- said...

oh man, have fun! it's raining in London.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...