Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Crow Convention Comes to Town

Throughout this fall, K and I have noticed on our walks that there are times, right before dusk, when hundreds of crows suddenly congregate in our area. The first time it happened, we thought maybe that something had died at the park and they were coming to investigate. But there were soooo many, and they just covered all the trees in the area, and it didn't seem that likely that it was due to a carcass somewhere.
It was very interesting to watch them, though. I know I'm among a small group of people who find crows to be very fascinating and extremely smart. They have exhibited an intelligence in front of me that was undeniable. I just think they're brilliant creatures, really.


Have you seen this in your own neighborhood recently? Maybe it's just here in this area... I don't know. But it's happened several times already this autumn, and I'm curious as to what causes the crows to suddenly congregate like this. 
If you've witnessed this recently, I'd love to know about it! Please share your experiences with me... I'd especially like to know if this has happened in another state or country. 


I hope you're having a wonderful weekend! xox

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...