Sunday, February 11, 2024

There's Beauty in a Sunset...


What comes to mind when someone says "sunset?" When I think of them, aside from the wondrous array of colors that I imagine, I also think... 

  • The end of the day
  • The cowboy riding into the sunset after his story is done
  • The end of an epic journey
  • An old couple living their final years together
  • well, basically, I guess I think "The End!"
Okay, I'm being a little too much to my point. If I'm to be honest, I also think of 
  • Hawaii (where I saw sooo many beautiful sunsets)
  • The time I sat with Keith and two of his friends during my first week in Bethlehem, outside a sushi restaurant where we met for dinner, and were lucky enough to see the most beautiful sunset I think I've ever seen outside of Hawaii! And this, my friends, was a BEGINNING.
  • Driving around California looking for the best place to watch the sun go down while I lived in Fremont
  • Days spent at the beaches in Northern California, sitting on the sand until the sun crashed down into the Pacific
  • Also, countless sunsets viewed from Sunset Beach, Cape May, New Jersey, where our family spends a week every summer
Sunsets definitely mark an end of a period, most of the times. They mark the end of a day, which, if you've had a tough one, is felt as a positive thing. If you're having a great one, then maybe it's bittersweet. But if you learn to enjoy the beauty of it, then its arrival is always amazing... and this is where I come to my point. In my 50s now, I finally see the true beauty of The Sunset. I have learned so much about who I am. I have painstakingly created the Me that I love. I feel a sense of satisfaction and joy with what I have been through, experienced, learned... to the point that as I reach that bend in the road that leads me towards my body's expiration date, I also welcome what awaits in that final sunset. I understand why physical immortality isn't needed. 

We ARE immortal, my friends. I hope you know this. Physics tells us that nothing can be destroyed, only changed or transmuted. We are energy and energy never dies! That is the miracle of Life that we seem to forget. Our soul and spirit continue as we return to God/The Universe/Ether... however you wish to see it. Many feel that we close our eyes in our used up bodies and then wink out of existence. That would be a true miracle! lol Because that would defy the laws of physics!! No, my dear ones... I can't explain how I KNOW this. I know it like I know my own face. We don't go into nothingness. For proof, listen to the stories from people who have returned from their death to tell the tale. Near Death Experiences are not actually "Near death" as many actually WERE dead for many minutes. Their bodies literally had stopped working. The definition of death. But they came back because they were given a choice sometimes, or they were told they weren't done here on Earth, and were sent back to their bodies. And they came back with stories. I've heard so many of them, and the similarities are stunning. Not to mention that I had my own experience that changed my view of the afterlife. More on that in another post. 

Let me just say that this is not all there is. There is SOOOOOOOOO much more, and folks, when you experience your own, it will outshine any sunset anywhere, because it will be like you were shot straight into those rays of the sun, except it's not hot... it's brilliant, yes, but it's like looking into a gorgeous diamond up close with the sun shining and all the refractions of rainbows and more spectrums of light than you have ever been able to see with your human eyes, plus ALL the love in the universe suffusing every molecule, merging with you.... and you will sigh with your soul and you'll say: I AM HOME. You will remember that THIS is you. You are again one with Divine Source Energy. You are and always have been one with God. You just forgot.

Blessings and Love xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...