Monday, November 3, 2008

NO on Prop 8!!

I just want to state for the record that I am AGAINST Proposition 8. I believe that all people should be able to follow their dreams, regardless of their sexual orientation. It's not right to try to force people into preconceived ideas of marriage, or the "sanctity" of marriage. Give me a break!! Maybe if 70% of marriages didn't end in divorce I might feel differently. Maybe. But I doubt it!

So I know this is a last minute shout-out, but please don't vote to stop people from being allowed their basic right to happiness just because you are heterosexual and feel self-righteous about this fact. This doesn't change that at all. This just lets other people who are in committed relationships have the rights that are accorded those that are joined in conventional marriages. It's only fair. YOU have nothing to lose. Nothing changes for you. If you were gay, wouldn't you want to be able to bind yourself in front of God with your loved one? If God loves us all, then God loves people who are gay, too. Think about it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...