Friday, March 26, 2010

Inspired!


I recently visited the store of my friend Lucy, Ivanhoe Books, and was inspired to make my own "book sculpture," as she had her storefront window filled with many in an amazing display! Mine is more of a "magazine sculpture," but I love the colors that come through the edges of the structure. It takes a bit of time, but the results are worth it! It's just another very interesting way of treating the book form, which I feel is going to catapult me into a new direction.... I am so excited!!

I believe Lucy's inspiration stemmed from Nicholas Jones' work. He's an Aussie book artist, who carves into books, works in books & paper, and is basically a very creative artist in this realm. I was also fascinated by his works, and thus felt the need to connect with him on a creative level. For more on Nicholas Jones, you can check out: http://www.thedesignfiles.net/2008/04/interview-nicholas-jones.html

Talk about amazing, right?? I just love what he's doing.... I aspire to be as productive as he is, and hope to find my own vision. I'm young, yet, and in no hurry. But certainly I am on an artistic path! Finally! It's so rewarding to be able to follow your dreams. I am grateful, thankful and thrilled that I have this opportunity! Thank you, Universe!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...