Friday, November 26, 2010

Paper Clay 1

I think Brandi Girl had once posted a blog asking what other things that we wanted to learn, in addition to the things that we already do. Well, I found another fun thing recently and wanted to share!

I was flipping through the newest Somerset Life magazine, and saw an article about Paper Clay. It's a really cool medium that's made of paper, but it has the consistency of clay! The best part of it is that it doesn't need to be fired! You can let it air dry, and it only takes between 1-3 days, depending on the size of your creation.

Below are photos that I took of my little Paper Clay critters... Please take into consideration that this is my first day of playing with this medium! And I'm not adept at clay modeling, having only taken one course in pottery. (And that was a looooong time ago!) I've made these critters into simple ornaments, and one bead. I also made three eggs that are to go into a wire nest I made once they're done.

This is only the first step in the process. My pieces are drying, and once completely dried, I'll be painting them and varnishing them. I'll post each step as I complete them. It's kind of hard to stop making little creatures! It's easy and fun, and doesn't take a lot of new tools, either. Even my boyfriend enjoyed making something, too, as you can see from the cat below! That was his first Paper Clay sculpture, pretty awesome, right?





My boyfriend made this cat!



1 comment:

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

I've never heard of paper clay, but I think I love it! Those little critters are the cutest! :) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...