Friday, January 21, 2011

I Went on a Winter Walk...

Saw my favorite tree

Found some pretty pine cone flowers

Picked up bunny tracks...

all over the place!

Saw a weaver's nest, I think!

And thought this was neat.
It was finally above 32 yesterday, so I took a nice long walk. There was a lot to see out there, too! I saw more than bunny tracks, but didn't take any pictures because they just looked like a bunch of messed up snow. There was a lot of ice melt, but for some reason, at the downspout on the big brick warehouse, the water was still icy and frozen. All the other icicles around were melted, even the five foot one on my apartment! It snowed again last night, though, so I'm sure I'll see some more icy goodness... if it's pretty, I'll share it with you!

6 comments:

Terriaw said...

Beautiful walk! 32 degrees sounds so warm to me. I bet it felt great to get outside and soak up some fresh air. I always love seeing the sights in your neighborhood.

shari said...

Thanks, Terri! Took another one today... it was chillier out, but still lovely. Didn't see any tracks today, other than people & dog tracks! It was too cold for the bunnies to come out, I think. It definitely feels good out, though. Bracing! I fell back on a "pile" of snow only to find out it was about 5" deep. Not quite deep enough for a soft landing, ha ha! Good thing I was bundled up! ;-)

Orion Designs said...

I see bunny tracks all winter long in my neighborhood too. Makes me wonder why I never see actual bunnies at any time of year??

Brandi Hussey said...

The first thing I thought when I read this was: BUNNIES!

We don't have any bunnies hopping around here, but I see them occasionally up by my sister. Their little tracks make me so happy.

shari said...

Bunny tracks make me happy, toooo.... and I love seeing the actual bunnies, but haven't seen them since the fall. They must only come out when no one's around. I bet they're all fluffy right now!

:-)

Shannon of ** Happiness Is...** said...

Thanks for taking us with you on the walk. So pretty! Felt like I was there :) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...