Monday, January 24, 2011

Nature as Art




This weekend, my boyfriend mounted one of my branches to the wall for me. I painted the metal bracket (for holding electrical conduit, originally) and he attached it to the wall around the branch. Now I have a whimsical piece of "art" that I can hang my paper creations on. It'll be a nice way to bring in the various seasons & holidays, I think. These heart strings aren't staying, but we're going to make some more for ourselves. (These are more of my friend's present, but I like seeing them up while I'm working!

I had company this morning, as I was taking photos...

Beckham

Jimmy Boo
They are smartly cuddled up on the sofa. It's -3 outside this morning... but as you can see, the sun is shining, so I can pretend that it's spring time and push away the winter doldrums!

I hope you are all having an amazing Monday! If it isn't amazing yet, then MAKE IT amazing!

xoxo

3 comments:

Terriaw said...

That branch looks so natural and whimsical hanging on the wall! Such a great way to hang different paper projects as the seasons change. Love the look and mood it gives the room!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your branch and such a lovely way to decorate a corner of the room for the seasons - bringing some of the outdoors indoors.

The cats look so snuggly.

shari said...

Thanks, Terri! Thanks, Shell! My little Twig On The Wall project turned out nicely, I think. It's definitely a nice bit of whimsy, which I am always keen on! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...