Tuesday, May 10, 2011

30 Day Drawing Challenge Day 10

You know, I actually like a fair number of candies... but the one that I can't resist, the one that I can't keep around because I'll eat them up too quickly is: Fruity Gummies. To be specific, grapefruit gummies. I don't know why. I like grapefruit, but I don't love it. I love other fruits... but grapefruit gummies have a balance of flavors. I just can't resist them! So that's what I tried to draw...




They just look like slices of grapefruit, sort of, with the general color of a ruby grapefruit's flesh-tones. They're coated with sugar, too, which I couldn't figure out how to show. Anyway, now that I've drawn them, I want some. So I'd better go for my walk, so I can burn some calories, so I can go to the store and buy and eat some grapefruit gummies. :-) The nice thing about the grocery store I go to is that they have bulk nuts and candies, and they sell grapefruit gummies by the pound! I can buy a nice sized bag of gummies for just a couple dollars! Mmmmm... grapefruit.....


On a side note, I tried to make one of Aran's recipes from Cannelle et Vanille... the Eton Mess. I added strawberries to the rhubarb mixture because I had a ton of strawberries that need to get eaten and I've always loved them with rhubarb. This dessert turned out delicious! Here's a picture of it:


It was simple to make, and is quite lovely to look at, too. It would be a nice, light dessert to serve when you have guests. The recipe makes enough for six servings. It's yumm-a-licious! 


I hope you're having a fabulous and creativity-filled day! (I'm going to go walking now, and maybe take a few photos along the way!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you manage to pick up some gummies on your walk :0)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Yummm...Sari!
love the tartness of rhubarb with sweet ice-cream!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

woops typO!
Shari

shari said...

You're so funny, Lenore! It's alright... I have a friend who calls me Sari (Sa-ree) as a joke. It's totally fine! xo

-E- said...

you don't have a white colored-pencil?

Tina Ramchandani said...

You drew the grapefruits MUCH better than I would have!

shari said...

E, I DO! But it doesn't really show up in the drawing... I need a third dimension, I think, so I can use glitter....

Tina, thanks! I'm pretty good with drawing fruits & veggies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...