Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Sound of Tree Rings...

My photo of an oak tree.


While browsing my Facebook feed, I found this awesome link that a friend of mine had posted... An artist named Bartholomäus Traubeck invented a way to "listen" to the sound of tree rings. Ingenious and creative. The result is amazing... Check this out below...





People are so ingenious... And I love that this piece might increase the interest of the general public in admiring and respecting nature. There's so much that we can learn from the natural world around us. There's more magic than we can discover in a lifetime, but keeping our eyes and heart open will allow more magic to find us... 

2 comments:

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

I LOVE this! Wow, how does it work? I'm off to go research it :) xo

shari said...

Shannon, this actually isn't like a record player... the artist designed the device that reads the grooves and translates them into sound. Eerie sounding, isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...