Thursday, January 6, 2011

Something Learned

While I've been organizing my studio, there's one thing that's become crystal clear: it's easier to make things look better when you have a PLACE for it.

I've been taking your advice and putting things INTO jars, cigar boxes (which is what I do, anyway, loving cigar boxes), small crates... it helps to have a place for things!







While I'm still a long way from finished, I can see a definite light at the end of this messy tunnel! My labeler has helped me to keep track of where I'm storing things. I know it's not fancy, or creative, but for now, I'm all about organizing! What I do with my storage containers once I have space cleared will be a whole other story!

My continued thanks to all of you for your advice and support! 

S oxoxoxox

5 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

Oh, Shari, it's looking fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I think it is REALLY creative. I love it! I think it's so much nicer to have quirky boxes and tins - I love that darling clementine box. And you are recycling - nice one! - finding new uses for stuff that would otherwise be dumped. So well done you - not only is it tidy and organised but it looks individual and artistic too - whoo-hoo :0)

And you haven't spent a load of money doing it - so double whoo-hoo :))))

shari said...

Thanks, Brandi! Thanks, Shell! I'm getting more and more excited about how it's turning out!

Yes, I'm repurposing, where possible, and I haven't yet bought one new thing for this project! Woo hoo!

Can't wait to post more tomorrow! It's coming along... xoxo

Terriaw said...

Totally agree with you in having fun things to store supplies in! Your cigar boxes rock! I especially love the idea of a label maker for remembering where all those little supplies reside. And you sound so much better about your progress! Yay!

Orion Designs said...

The cigar boxes are great -- I love that this is moving along so quickly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...