Sunday, January 9, 2011

Trying a Blogger's Recipe

I have a blog crush on Cannelle et Vanille, who is a professional blogger here in cyberspace. She does the most beautiful food layouts that always make my mouth water, and jazz me up to try something new.... this morning, I made her Tortilla de Patatas, a Spanish dish.

I wasn't able to include the watercress because I didn't have any on hand. However, I had the parsnips and potatoes, so I went ahead and gave it a go. I followed her recipe pretty much exactly (other than adding the watercress) and it smelled wonderful and tasted delicious!

Tortilla de Patatas
I'm not a food designer, so the photo isn't as appetizing to look at as hers are, but I still think it looks pretty good! Oh, instead of yellow or white onions, I used a red onion in the recipe because I prefer them. You should try this yummy recipe for yourself one morning. It's very comforting and substantial, and absolutely mouth-watering!

3 comments:

Terriaw said...

Wow, this sounds and looks delicious! I have never cooked with parsnips, so it would be fun to try. Thanks for the tip to this recipe!

shari said...

Parsnips are tasty... a bit sweet, but with a texture similar to turnips. My sister & I have always loved parsnips! Give it a go, and let me know what you think! Roasted parsnips are yummy, too!

Orion Designs said...

I adore that blog -- you're right, her photos are incredible. Yours looks quite delicious as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...