Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge: Day 20 - Pt. 2

Okay, I'm obsessed. I tried to make another heart-shaped bokeh effect, but it didn't work. I guess I need a DSLR with a lens that goes down to a 1.8 F-stop. That's what's suggested by the people who are able to shape their bokeh effects with their own handmade lens hoods.


BUT I got two more pictures where the effect looks nice, and I wanted to share them with you.



It would be a lot more fun at night, when you can go somewhere that the pinpoints of light are multicolored, but these turned out pretty good. I'll keep working on it, and save up for a DSLR. :-)

5 comments:

-E- said...

what is the effect? i'm not seeing it.

shari said...

The effect is that at this smaller aperture, the background becomes blurry, and the points of light become a geometric shape... sometimes just a circle, sometimes hexagonal (like my blog background) and if you use a special lens hood, you can get shapes... take a look at my previous post, where I show an example at the bottom....

Brandi Hussey said...

I've gotten some decent bokeh with my standard lens that came with my DSLR. I think it has more to do with the light being a good distance away while you focus on something up close... have you taken a look at kevinandamanda.com? Amanda posts some camera tips, and I'm almost sure she did a bokeh tutorial around Christmas time...

Cindy P said...

These turned out good! I need to post my bokeh shot, still. I'm such a slacker. lol

Cindy P said...

Oh I also meant to tell you I replied to your comment on my blog. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...