Monday, September 12, 2011

Newest Ink Drawing

Ink drawing by me.
I made a portrait of Beckham today. At first, I sat there with a blank sheet of watercolor paper in front of me and a pot of India ink. Then, as I pondered the paper with a feeling of uninspired ennui, Beckham jumped up onto my desk and put his foot right in the pot of ink, upsetting the brief moment of quiet I was immersed in. Boredom was gone in a flash. I grabbed the pot of ink and set it back, grabbed his foot in my hand, and his whole body under my arm and ran into the bathroom. He was so nonplussed that he didn't even object. There was no time! I ran the water in the tub and shoved his forepaw into the stream of water and got as much of the ink off while it was still wet. My hand still has traces of ink and my desk will need to be refinished, but otherwise, no harm done.


The upshot was that I looked down at the paper, which now had blotches of black ink all over it and I knew what my subject was going to be! Beckham has a very naughty habit of wanting to lay anywhere that I choose to work, draw, write.... anything requiring attention. I love him so much, though. It's hard for me to get angry. In the end, I rarely cry over spilled ink. Besides, he keeps my creativity piqued. He's my big, black and white muse. I don't know what I'd do without him!

3 comments:

-E- said...

some worthy diction in this post!

shari said...

Thanks, E! That means a lot coming from the Word Master!

Diane said...

I love my friend Beckham's portrait. He is stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...