Thursday, April 21, 2011

Watercolor Study

I just can't seem to stop painting with my watercolors! I hope that I'm not boring you too much by sharing my work. (If I am, please let me know via email, ha ha!) 


Yesterday, I did a study of a sand dollar that I picked up on a beach in California. I love sand dollars... indeed, I love any kind of treasure from the sea! So I tend to use them in my still life drawings and paintings more than anything else. I hope you like it.



Close up of large sand dollar

I'm not much of a letterer.... though I wish I were! Still, I'm working on it, I'm working on it. For now, I'm just pretty happy with how my sand dollar watercolor turned out! 


I'm currently learning to use colorless masking medium, which is fun! I'll share that with you when I'm done with that piece. 


Today is going to be about spring cleaning! K's aunt is going to be coming over tomorrow evening, and I don't want to gross her out with the state of the apartment as it is now! All I've been doing is painting and making books, with only the kitchen remaining clean. A lot of work needs to be done! K's home for spring break, so we'll be busy little bees around here!


I hope you're all having a fabulous and creative kind of day!! xoxox

3 comments:

Terriaw said...

Lovely study! I think sea treasures are fabulous subject matter. Always wanted to find an actual sand dollar so I adore this. I love seeing your work, so keep sharing!

StudioSuki@Fantabulous Design said...

Your painting looks good. I love sand dollar too, I always collect them when I walk along the beach and leave them at the beach otherwise I'd have thousand of them at home :P

Amisha said...

This painting is looking good! And I just ordered the Water Paper Paint book too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...