Friday, March 28, 2014

Geometry

When you're a new mom, you don't always have time for big projects, because you don't always have the chunks of time to complete something at one sitting. It's probably a problem for moms who aren't necessarily first-timers, either. Kids take time and energy, and a lot of us creative types have to find small ways to get our fix.

Lately, my way has been to take a piece of graph paper and a pencil, and just start making patterns.



It's fun to see what patterns emerge from starting with a simple design and then repeating it... When I was young, my dad had given me a coloring book that had designs much like the ones I've been creating. I used to love coloring them! I could photocopy these patterns, too, and then use either acrylic paints, watercolors, or markers to fill the patterns with color. If I could just get my printer up and running again, I could print to watercolor paper and have some fun! 

What do YOU do to feed your creative urges when you don't have lots of time? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...